_

Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DIY Lemon Exfoliating Scrub

If you’re anything like me, exfoliating doesn't seem important when you’re all covered up in Winter clothing, but once you give this nifty little scrub a try, I promise you won't be able to stop rubbing your hands over your legs.


I love me a good DIY project, provided it doesn't have 1,000 ingredients and processes so when I discovered this, I jumped for joy. This scrub's super easy to make and I can guarantee you'll have all ingredients sitting at home.

So without further delay, here's what you need:
  • 1/4 cup sea salt.
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
  • 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
  • 2-3 drops yellow food colouring *optional*

Just mix everything together in a mason jar and there you have it. A whole three minutes out of your life for the smoothest legs you ever did feel? I ain't even mad.

Soak your legs in the tub for 5 minutes. Alternatively, if you’re taking a shower, wash and condition your hair, then after your legs have had a chance to soak for a few minutes, apply the mixture to your legs and rub it in in circular motions, focusing more on your knees as they're always drier than the rest of your legs (I also put some on my elbows). The abrasiveness of the salt rubs off all of the dead skin, the citrus juice works as a mild skin peel revealing brighter, smoother skin, and the oil absorbs deep into the skin and provides long-lasting moisture.

After rubbing the mixture in well and good, shave your legs (the salt will blunt your razor quicker, but I feel it's worth it - just use a cheap disposable one in conjunction with your scrub) and if you have time, rinse and repeat. Yep, do it all over again. I rarely bother repeating because I don't usually have the time. Also, I'm lazy. But doing it twice really does make your legs that much smoother.

When you get out of the bath or shower, pat your legs dry with a soft towel, put lotion on and enjoy your silky smooth legs. Please, please, PLEASE make sure the bottom of the shower is oil-free when you are done so the next person in doesn’t get a nasty surprise. My brother wasn't too impressed when I almost killed him after I got out the first time. - Oops.

If you have any scrub left over, it keeps for agesssssss. Just pop it in the fridge and take out one hour prior to use. A quick shake and it's good to go.

It also makes a cute gift for mum. Just put in a nice jar, stick on a cute label and a bow and there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!