_

Pages - Menu

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Obligitory Lame-As-Shit Anniversary Post.

Feel free to vomit continuously whilst reading.
As I type, Jesse is seated next to me, watching cartoons, totally oblivious to the world around him.
When I look at him, I am reminded of many things that led us to right here, right now. Many of those things make me smile. Some make me wish I would have said or done things differently in the moment. And some of those things remind me that our relationship has been a labor of love. Sharing your life with someone can be trying, but through it all, we've learned and we've grown.
And it's been worth it.

Through it all - every up and down, twist and unexpected turn, there is one thing I never question about my relationship - how much we truly love each other.

It's in the way we look at each other. How we tell dirty jokes. It's in the way we make fun of each other. It's in the little every day things we do for each other (admittedly, Jesse is much better about the little things than I am). When I look at him, I can't imagine going through life with anyone else. I don't tell him that enough.
I'm pretty sure a good relationship is built upon encouraging your partner to embrace their inner child.

That and back rubs.

Jesse and I are certainly guilty of not dealing with an issue right away and giving silly things too much significance. Our relationship is not perfect. Far from it. There are days I want to hug Jesse and days I just want to smack him. We push each other's buttons. We make each other laugh. We comfort each other. And when it comes down to it, we make a pretty great team.
Building and sharing your life with another person so intimately isn't easy, and we're just getting started. There is a lot of work and compromising ahead for Jesse and I, as well as a lot of wonderful moments, and I have no doubt that it will be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Aww congratulations!! You look lovely together!:) Hope you have many more happy years together!:) X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!