_

Pages - Menu

Monday, December 1, 2014

November Beauty Favourites.

You can tell our good old Australian Summer is on it's way, and this month's favourites are all coincidently based around the climbing temperatures.
 
 

I'd never had much luck with liquid liners before I came across this. The felt tip applicator makes it so easy to create a pretty winged look. It doesn't go on super thick like many liquid eyeliners and its easy to have accuracy when using it.. The "marker-like" technique is perfect  for everyone, whether you are a beginner or just struggling making perfect slim lines/ lacking time to do it. Unlike other types of liners, this one does not crack (especially in the ends), it draws amazingly slim lines without that much of effort, and you can remove it easily. It lasts pretty well, but at the end of the day the line may not be as sharp as when applied, but that's to be expected, guys.
 
I got a sample vial in my November BellaBox and loved it so much, I bought the full size bottle three days later. It blends pure cocoa butter with nine anti-ageing oils that aim to keep the skin looking healthy, tight and glowing, radiant and more youthful. The oil contains vitamins that work to smooth the complexion and reduce pigmentation and the appearance of wrinkles. I use this oil at night and I wake up in the morning with skin that looks and feels better. It's definitely more hydrated is super soft and supple to the touch. It's light weight and sinks in quickly and I would totally recommend this as a night time skin treatment.


I'm going for cream shadow sticks these days since they apply beautifully and easily. I've been using (and loving) the shade 'Ample Amber' during the warmer months. I'd describe the colour as a slightly peachy medium beige with champagne shimmer. The natural golden hues really make the blue of my eyes pop. I do need a base primer to get the desired colour, but I've been using a base for as long as I can remember so that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It stays put with no creasing and lasts quite a while; I've been using it under our Australian hot weather and it does not budge. It only fades after the 8(ish) hour mark, which is a long time! While it's pigmented, it doesn't go on as smoothly as I would like and pulls a little bit, but then again, it's very hard to overdo it because of this.. glass half full? Blending is easy because it does not settle quickly, so I can fade it out nicely with my finger to achieve a natural, subtle smokey eye.


Four: Le Tan Coconut SPF 15 Sunscreen Oil
I've been using this oldie but goodie almost every day during Spring to get a head start on achieving a natural glow ready for Summer. The formulation protects, hydrates and nourishes the skin to help prevent peeling and dryness. It sinks in nicely and smells delicious! The only annoying thing is sand tends to stick everywhere is you use even the slightest bit too much and you need to reapply often because the body soaks it up or the water washes it away. Just bare in mind, that just because it has an SPF doesn't mean you can go ahead and bake all day to achieve a tan as this is essentially a tanning product with SPF, not sunscreen.

 
My poor hair. I subject it to so much stress. I'd been searching for a leave-in treatment over October and November when the temperatures were rising and my hair was subsequently drying and splitting. I found this bad boy in my trusty Avon book last month and have been in love since it's arrival to my door step. It's enriched with Argan oil, which we all know helps nourish, smooth and strengthen dry, damaged hair. I use just a touch of this after washing and straightening my hair. It smells incredible and completely replenishes my hair, leaving it shiny, silky smooth and healthy looking. Like all oil products, if you use too much your hair looks greasy. One pump does my hair, one and a bit if I'm having a particularly dry or a frizzy day.







 
 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!