_

Pages - Menu

Monday, January 12, 2015

One.

One year ago today, I said yes to my now best friend and love of my life.

I can't believe it's already been a year since we've officially been together. It’s crazy how much of an adventure it’s been and I feel like our life has been such an incredible whirlwind so far. The more marriages and relationships I see, I realised a faithful, kind, gentle, and selfless man is a rarity in this day and age. I know it's only been a short amount of time, but it honestly feels like I've known him a lifetime and every moment has been pretty damn great. When I look at him, I can't imagine going through life with anyone else. I don't tell him that enough.



After about a month of getting to know each other, I unexpectedly fell head over heels and life had a whole new meaning when Jesse came into it; he has opened my mind to the world...before I met him I was so sheltered and scared to go outside of my comfort zone but then, for the first time in my life, I could relax and be myself and he loved me just the same. I opened up. I told him my secrets, my passions, my dreams for the future. He became my hero, the person I could trust, the one I could confide in, the one who loved me. We've made the best memories. We laugh the hardest when we're together. We have the most fun. He was one of the most refreshing and wonderful things that could ever have happened to me. 

Jesse is the reason why I've become a braver person. But most of all, he is one of the major reasons why I'm happy and will always be a huge inspiration to me. He would always put me first and himself last. After being with him for a year, I realize that is who he is. He constantly strives to please me and make me happy. He continues to amaze me. He is always patient with me, and talks through our problems or differences of opinions.

 Like any relationship, ours has it's ups and it's downs, but it has been the most wonderful year of my life, with the most precious person on this earth to me. Our love for each other has only grown over the past year… we have experienced hard times, and many happy times, but what matters is, we are going through it together.

I want to end this by saying thank you, Jesse. Thank you for always strengthening me. Thank you for being my rock throughout everything, putting up with my shit, and letting me annoy you daily; That's love, yo. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m so blessed that I get to call you mine. Happy anniversary, Sparkie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!