_

Pages - Menu

Monday, June 1, 2015

May 2015 BellaBox Review.

My expectation of BellaBox has been pretty low lately..
I expect to pay for a blue cardboard box and a few products I might want to use, but this and last month's boxes have both really impressed me.


This month's theme was Sugar Fix.



Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil

I was incredibly excited to see a highlighting pencil in this month's box. Having never dabbled in the world of highlight and contour, I've been overwhelmed with where to start product-wise. It's a fresh peachy-nude coloured pencil that will brighten and visibly lift your eyes when lightly applied on the brow bone, dark circles, blemishes and red spots. I used it this morning on the inner corner and waterline of my eyes and it has a great, creamy texture -- thick but not greasy or too soft and glides on super smoothly. It blends nicely, but does require you putting in the time to really blend it in and warm in into your skin, otherwise it can look a little cakey. I attempted to use it as a highlighter along the bridge of my nose and cheekbones but seeming as it's nude and not white, it didn't give me the result I was expecting from a highlighter. It worked pretty well as an under eye concealer, however.


Palmer's Moisture Rich Night Cream

This is probably the fourth Palmer's product I've received in about two months - Not that I'm complaining, Palmer's products all seem to work wonderfully for me. I haven't tried this one yet, but it claims that nightly use will leave skin looking more radiant and youthful, promoting a smoother and softer complexion, while working to heal the skin and help with scarring. I'm always down to try a product that will give me soft and glowing skin, minus the effort so I'm one keen bean to give this a try.


Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil
I'm pretty sure I've already found my go-to eyeliner, but the Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil is definitely something I'd like to keep using. The pencil is available in a huge range of colours, I just wish BellaBox had sent me a black one. Why they chose to send me a forest green shade, I'll never know. Regardless, I gave it a shot, and although I hate the green on me, the pencil itself is hard to beat! It's truly waterproof and has a super smooth and creamy consistency so there's absolutely no tugging or dragging, and once dry, the colour doesn't budge for about 8 hours, though it does fade a little on the waterline after about 4 hours, but that's to be expected from a kohl liner. I love that it comes with a smudging tip! The formula is perfect for smudging before it sets; using the tip makes it so easy to create a smoky look, or to blend and shade on the entire lid. The only downside I can see is the price. One pencil will set you back around $30AUD and the fact that it requires sharpening, means you're losing unnecessary product, but I can definitely overlook that for the colour payoff and staying power.


Real-U Control + Face Gel
I was a little hesitant to try this out, purely because my sensitive skin's reaction to most facial products is so unpredictable, but upon reading that this particular gel is hypo-allergenic, I decided to give it a go. This was designed to decrease acne and control oily and acne prone skin; Although I wouldn't say my skin is oily enough to need a product specifically targeted at problem skin, it was both gentle and effective. I've used the whole tube and it's definitely controlled any breakouts and has actually reduced the size of my pores, all without drying or irritating my face.

Impulse Romantic Spark Perfume
I do love that Impulse has brought out 'perfume in a can'. The convenience of a spray, the long-lasting properties of a perfume and boy was this definitely long-lasting! I could still smell it on my wrists come home-time. However I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'll choose fruity scents over florals any day. In saying that, I definitely do enjoy the scent of Romantic Spark, it's wonderfully feminine and earthy. Not something I'd go out and buy for myself, but lovely nonetheless.

Not reviewed: Sunescape gradual tanner (bonus item)


This box was good value for money. I'm excited to see what June's box has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!