_

Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March 2017 Goals and February Look Back


A look back at February's goals:


Sell some stuff
"We're building a house and both Jesse and I have that much junk accumulated, I don't know how we'll fit it all in. I'd like to sell some good condition bits and pieces that I no longer need/use (for more money for shoes, obvs). Bonus points if I can get Jesse to do the same (I'm doubtful. Very doubtful)."

Cross: I don't know where February went, but boy did it pass me by. I hadn't even got the chance to think about what I wanted to sell, let alone actually sell anything.



Take more photos
"There was a point in time when all I did was take photos, nowadays, my Instagram is suffering. I don't know if it's just because I generally don't do a lot outside of work and sleep, or whether I just got lazy but I'd definitely like to get back in to documenting my adventures."

Cross: I did take a few photos, but definitely not as many as I would have liked to.


Lose 2kg
"I weighed myself last week, and it turns out that eating better and exercising contributed to a weight loss - who would have thought?! I haven't seen a loss in a long time and although I'm still heavier than I was before Christmas, I've lost a good 3kg of the Christmas weight that I gained. Ka-ching. Hopefully this high will motivate me to lose a further 2kg this month."

Cross: What even is this "weight loss" business anyways?


Save my money
"With the holidays and my break from work, I've been spending a lot lately. Since we've just started paying our loan repayments and still need to buy a lot of furniture, etc. I'm going to try to go on a bit of a spending ban this month and build my balance up some more."

Tick: Ka-ching!

Goals for March:

Buy more furniture
Our house is going up fast. While we are in no dire need for furniture right now, my organised self is not satisfied with the few bit and bobs we have ready to go. I'd definitely like to add some more pieces to our stash this month.

Eat better on weekends
I do so well to eat right during the week but as soon as the weekend rolls around, that all goes out the window, which I'm 100% sure is why I'm not reaching my weight-loss goals. I'd like to completely eliminate all weekend take-out meals and unnecessarily snacking on junk food all month long. Sorry Jesse.

Find a damn pumpkin spice latte
In case you didn't see my mood board, we've just entered Autumn here, and I'm sad to admit that in my 23 years of life, I have never experienced this "pumpkin spice latte" thing that I see plastered around the internet come Autumn in the US. It's just not a "thing" here in Australia, but I'm determined to find one this season. DETERMINED!

Learn how to use my camera's manual settings
I have seen post after post after post about how much better photos turn out when you adjust the manual settings rather than leave it up to 'auto' to figure out. I've been interested in expanding my photography skills and knowledge for quite some time, but I'm usually in a rush (or can't be bothered) to nail out my photos and I constantly find myself falling back in to using the auto setting because it's that much easier. I'd definitely like to learn how to effectively use my camera's (Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1) manual settings this month and, in turn, improve the overall quality of my photos.


What are you hoping to achieve this month? 

39 comments:

  1. I hope you find a pumpkin spice latte!

    Good luck with your goals. I'm trying to learn my camera's manual settings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to work my camera on manual setting. I still have so much to learn when it comes to DSLR cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always plan on doing much more in a month than I actually wind up doing, they always go by too fast! Great goals! I really hope you accomplish them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they still sell Pumpkin spice lattes?! Hope you find one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things pumpkin. You should definitely try that pumpkin spice latte if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you set goals each month. That is such a good idea. I might start doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great job on trying to learn more on camera settings I always seem to give up too fast. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my goals is to lose weight this month, also. I just love chocolate so much and it's so hard to resist! Maybe I should actually make use of our treadmill and elliptical....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you keep track of your goals - that's such a great idea! Also, eating better on the weekends is a HUGE goal for me too!!!

    - Kaitlin
    kedgotwed.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound like great goals! I havent set anything for March yet and the first week is done and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm right there with you on the weight loss--I'm trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, but I'm usually so tired by the end of the day that I can't bring myself to exercise. :/ Better luck tomorrow, right?! Good luck on your PSL search!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally with you on the eat better on the weekends. It is always the weekends that mess up my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pff, I have been wanting to drop 10lbs for uhh almost a year now. I can't help it i love food! Yum, a pumpkin spice latte sounds good! I have the Kcup pods of pumpkin spice, I had forgot about until now, I may make one and toast to you. Your goals seem doable and I am sure you'll crush them this month. I didn't do so hot on mine last month either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad that you lost 2 kg by your workout and diet! I hope you get the pumpkin spice latte of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish to learn the full features of my dslr.. oh well am using my Huawei P9 now. maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm hoping to continue to consistently post 2x/week on my blog and at least 3x on Instagram. Glad to hear you were able to save some money. That will def help with buying more furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great goals! Learning to shoot manual is very important. I started out in manual because all the gurus said the pictures are better, and they really are. Good luck. I can recommend a good photography book to help you learn, if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean about accumulating! Kody and I are heading to the Karrinyup Swap Mart this Sunday to try and sell some of our extra items (mostly my clothes!), perhaps you should do something like that?
    If you manage to get hold of a pumpkin spiced latte anywhere in Perth please, please let me know, I have also gone my whole 23 years without tasting one, a travesty!

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Amber! Good luck with figuring your manual settings out. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hear you there, girl. It just takes a little time and effort. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Story of my life, Hayley ahaha.
    Thank you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. In Australia.. not so much aha. I'll need all the luck I can get. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've got my eyes peeled, David aha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It definitely helps me to get shit done, Kimberly. I highly recommend setting a few goals each month to reach for. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahahaa I hear you there, Dorothy. I'm so impatient. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aha your exercise equipment may just help with that. :P Losing weight is no easy task. Good luck! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  27. My whole "diet" is ruined on the weekend, defeating the purpose of even trying aha. :P Keeping track of my goals helps motivate me to get off my ass and do what I set out to. It's definitely worth a try if you've been meaning to get a lot of shit done. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't believe how fast March has gone already! No matter, good luck in achieving what ever it may be that you want to achieve this month. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aww. I'm hearing you on that one, Natalie! Who can be bothered after a long day? Good luck on your baby-weight loss adventure! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Right?! The way I carry on, it defeats the purpose of even bothering with diet and exercise during the week aha. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. A woman after my own heart. What can I say? Food is life ahaha
    Think of me roaming the streets in search of a pumpkin spice latte while you're relaxing with a mug aha. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I didn't lose 2kg.. aha but thanks! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aha there's always a next time. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  34. You can do it, girl! I find it difficult to be consistent on Instagram, but you can knock it out of the park. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yesss! I wish I had taken the time to learn manual from the get-go instead of getting lazy and falling in to the auto habit. I'd love to know the name of that book. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have SO many clothes that I could sell. I may just have to make a trip up there - Karrinyup isn't too far from where I live. :)
    Oh, girl, you will be the FIRST to know about any pumpkin spice latte sightings. I'll find your email, I'll spam your social media, I'll send you letters via carrier pigeon and you will taste a damn PSL with me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sounds good! Well if you make it up there this Sunday then definitely say hi! I'll be the girl selling ALL the clothes :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love reading these type of posts, I get some motivation :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm glad I've motivated you, Lana. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!