_

Pages - Menu

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April 2017 Beauty Favourites


We all know how fantastic Argan Oil is on hair, so it's no surprise that this mask delivers such soft, healthy-looking results. Looking at the ingredients, I was sososo happy to discover that this is primarily a plant-based formula and as a result of all the goodness of natural oils, so much moisture has been put back into my dry, damaged hair. This also helps to protect against further damage, too. A slathering a week after shampooing has truly fixed my split ends, treated my dry, frizzy strands and just generally left my hair looking and feeling soft, smooth, healthy and shiny.

 First off, Milk is actually an Australian brand (founded by Olympic swimmer, Michael Klim and his wife), which is a bonus for me. This is a multi-tasking bad boy that works to exfoliate with the use of walnut shell, cleanse and moisturise your skin all in one go. It has a creamy consistency so it's for sure one of the more moisturising cleansers that I’ve used and there is a high enough walnut shell content to effectively exfoliate, whilst still managing to not be rough or harsh on the more sensitive skin of the face. It contains a skin-loving mix of ingredients including seaweed, spirulina and aloe vera which leave my skin feeling smooth, clean, moisturised and healthy. This can be used all over, but I've only used it on my face as I prefer a slightly harsher scrub for my body to really slough away those dead skin cells.

Finding a cleanser that works on my temperamental skin is hard, but this truly does tick a lot of boxes for me. I was originally attracted to this because although it's marketed as a foaming cleanser, it's actually quite creamy, which is what I need for my dry skin. Typically, foaming cleansers are a no-no for dry skin-types but this surprisingly didn't have any drying or negative effects on my skin whatsoever. In fact, I actually feel as though the slight foam helps to clean my skin of dirt and oils, without stripping my skin. Perhaps because I'm used to using gentle cream cleansers, but boy does my skin feel clean these days. It has a gorgeous light rose scent, too, which I absolutely love.

4. LUSH Scrubee
If this is not the cutest thing you've ever seen then I don't know what is! This is basically a multiple use body butter bar, with exfoliating stripes to nourish and smooth your skin. Honey and cocoa butter act to moisturise, while ground coconut shells and almonds gently exfoliate the skin, leaving my whole body feeling soft, smooth and hydrated. It smells absolutely amazing, too - a sweet honey-citrus scent that I cannot get enough of. This is unfortunately part of the limited-edition Mother's Day collection here in Australia so go ahead and get your hands on it before it's too late!
I've only recently really made primers a part of my every day routine, and I'd been using Benefit's POREfessional for quite some time, but I recently found this to be a pretty good dupe at a fraction of the cost. It's also readily available at Priceline for all of my Australian readers. I have quite large pores on the front of my cheeks, next to my nose, so I look for a primer that will help hide those bad boys and this truly does. "Pressing" this in to my large pores and allowing to dry slightly before applying another light layer all over my face really fills up my pores. It has quite a... chunky texture (it's kind of off-putting at first) when first squeezed from the tube, but it's easily smoothed out over the skin, drying to a matte finish, giving a smooth, velvety finish and as a result, my liquid foundation just glides on. I don't have overly oily skin - just a touch on my forehead by midday that's easily blotted away, but this really keeps that at bay. Rarely do I even need to think about blotting when I've used this under my foundation. If you have sensitivities to silicone-based products, however, I'd give this a miss.


What products have you been loving lately?

28 comments:

  1. Happy to see this list, especially i had not idea about the Argan Oil. It fixes split ends which looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try these things out. Especially the scrubee from Lush. I love products in that store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Argan oil on my daughter I love it. You have great products here to try out too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to check out that primer from NYX sounds really good and like something I could definitely use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love argan oil for my hair! I will have to check out that mask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. T-Nicole JohnsonMay 4, 2017 at 7:16 PM

    I would love to try all of the products you mentioned. The Essano Argan Oil Recovery Hair Mask is at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting list.I like all these mentioned items,but my favourite is oil recovery hair mask.These days I am more on finding ways to treat my hair...
    -Amila

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lush scrubee looks like the perfect gift for my daughter. She would love it. Although if it's only out in Australia that's sad. American companies listen up! Make one of those things here and they will get purchased!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i use Argan oil too.This is a great list of products.Going to check a few out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Argan Oil!!! It has always been my favorite especially in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to find that pore filler! That would help me with smoothing makeup for sure, and I love NYX!

    xo,
    Pri | Paint The Town Chic

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really interested in trying the Argan Oil because I have extremely dry hair. I think it will solve all my problems haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an awesome list! I'd love to try that milk face & body scrub. I wonder if we can get it here in the states!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sushmita Thakare JainMay 7, 2017 at 6:59 AM

    Seems I am behind in the game of beauty, not a fan of makeup though :)
    Happy to check out the list and get updated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Argan Oil is absolutely amazing for hair! You should definitely give it a try. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh boy! Scrubee is my absolutely favourite thing right now. Definitely worth a try, especially if you love LUSH. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Argan Oil is so wonderful, I don't blame you. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's such a good dupe for more expensive brands out there - and for less than half the price! Ka-ching! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's soooo good on hair. Definitely let me know how you feel about the mask if you do try it. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yesss! This would be at the top of my list if I hadn't yet tried it too. It's absolutely amazing! A must try in my opinion. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I find it so hard to find a good hair product, so I was so excited when this gave such amazing results. It's definitely worth a try. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. YES, DAVID! She absolutely would love it, I promise. :P I'm about 95% sure that Scrubee is actually part of the Spring collection over in the U.S. so you should be able to get your hands on one! Just be quick, because they're limited edition over there, too. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let me know if you do try anything from this list. I'd love to know what you think. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yesss, girl. Gotta keep that hair looking smooth for Spring. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely! It's so cheap, too. I really enjoy it as a "drugstore" alternative. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. MELISSA! YES! If your hair is dry, trust me, you'll LOVE Argan Oil! I promise. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Roxy. I'm not sure if you can find Milk in the U.S. I'd be interested if you can, though. Let me know if you find some. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahaha well I'm sure glad I can help. :P x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!