_

Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Look Back and May 2017 Goals



A look back at April's Goals:

Commit to 1 hour of cardio, once per week

"I've been committing to my hour long Thursday cardio session 2-3 out of 4 weeks of the month (in addition to my usual 3 days per week at the gym) for a little while now, and I've really noticed a difference in my appearance and fitness levels, but I'd really like to get it done every single Thursday this month. No exceptions. Now that I have the Zombies, Run! app (it's free and a great motivator - get it) on my phone, there should be no reason for me not to get it done."

Tick: This is probably what I'm most proud of this month. I stuck to my weekly cardio session, even on days when I really didn't want to. I've actually even noticed a change in my appearance and overall fitness levels, which I've put down to the addition of such a big (for me) cardio sesh, so this is definitely something I'm going to add to my permanent routine from now on.


Spring (Autumn) clean and sell anything unwanted or grown out of
"I know this was one of my (failed) goals in February, but with the house build becoming closer to completion every day, I'd like to get rid of some bits and bobs from my closet and storage that I've either grown out of, no longer use or need, or just do not want anymore to make the move easier (and make some much needed moolah in the process)."

Cross:
HAHAHAHAHAHHA no. What a surprise.



Focus on finding a new job
"I've enjoyed my time at this little accounting firm over the 6 years (holy moly) that I've been here, but since obtaining my Diploma of Events, I've found myself daydreaming about more. I, of course, am happy to stay here for as long as it takes, but I really want to get serious, knuckle down, and focus on starting a new chapter in my life with a job in Events Management."

Tick: Even though my current job obviously has to be my priority, I still managed to regularly job-hunt for an Event Manager position elsewhere. I also ended up sprucing my resume up a little. Fingers crossed something comes up soon!


Make more time for friends
"Ugh. Just typing that out made me cringe. I feel terrible that I have to make this a goal, but to say that life has been busy lately would be an understatement. I've been turning down invitations to hang out and focusing my time and attention on our house more than anything recently. I definitely need to organise a few catch-ups with my friends soon."


Tick: I managed to catch up, or make plans to catch up over the next coming weeks with pretty much all of my friends over April. I always feel as though a friend-neglecting weight has been lifted from my shoulders after a good old friend date or two.


Goals for May:

Go on more adventures
I'm all about new having new experiences, but trying to save a large amount of money has put something of a downer on our weekend (or any day) activities. I'd definitely like to put some fun back in to our relationship and go on a spontaneous adventure, just Jesse and I. I'm adorable.

Lose 1.5kg
I've been pretty reckless with what I've been eating lately (ohai, late night snack binges with Jesse) and although I've been working out like a baws, I haven't lost any weight. I'd like to make the conscious effort to think about what I'm eating this month. Combined with my exercise routine, there's no reason that I can't lose 1.5kg.

Create a media kit
This has been something that I've been putting off for over a year now (oops). I never used to see it as a necessity, but I've since realised the power of a good media kit. Plus, it never hurts to have one ready to send off on the odd occasion that a company or brand may ask for it.

Find (and buy) a dining suite
Our house is going up so quickly that I hadn't realised that there's actually not a whole lot of time left to buy our important pieces of furniture. We've got most of the main bits and pieces, but the dining suite has been next on our "to-buy" list for a while now (then it's on to whitegoods), but I've been putting it off because boy do I hate furniture shopping.


What are you hoping to achieve this month?

38 comments:

  1. Ashley StephensonMay 2, 2017 at 7:24 AM

    Good luck on your goals this month! I sometimes have to make an internal goal for myself to make more time with friends as well! Life just gets so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your goal to go on more adventures. I live adventures daily and it really is good for the body, soul and mind. :-) It does make life a bit busier researching places to go and things to do, but it is totally worth it. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some great goals this month, Christie! I had been putting off reworking my media kit for a long time too but just finished it and it feels really good to have that task done. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you for having the time to write your goals and evaluate them too! I write down chores and then forget where I put it, lol. I guess I am not that organized after all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! I really need to make monthly goals and make myself accountable. Well done on achieving your goals. I like the sound of Mays goals, good luck!

    Lennae xxx
    www.lennaesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals! I need to make a media kit as well. And go on more adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. It's great to share the goals you want to achieve. So, everyone gets an idea about this and can create and follow their goals. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you plan your month. Goals are important and so are milestones. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with all your new goals! Please let us know when you create the media kit, I would love to see how you've done it and learn from your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your goals! These days I'm not getting enough time to go to my gym. I need to be more consistent now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big list maker so I can totally relate to the goals part of your post. It works! Good luck in the month of May!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lakeisha WilliamsMay 3, 2017 at 2:41 PM

    Good luck on crushing those May goals. I am also looking for a new gig, and want to lose some lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my goals may seem silly BUT... It's to find that perfect black dress. I have never own one. Trying to find one that calls my name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. T-Nicole JohnsonMay 3, 2017 at 6:18 PM

    I really enjoyed reading this post. Best wishes with finding your dream job. Currently trying to lose a couple more pounds this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle/cocowouldapprove.comMay 3, 2017 at 6:57 PM

    I should really make a goal list like yours to help keep me motivated

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am still working on my fitness goals. So that's one thing I am working on. And aside from that I am with you and really need to think about putting together a media kit. So many different things to figure out. I can definitely understand why some people to pay others to do all this work for them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sushmita Thakare JainMay 4, 2017 at 2:38 AM

    Those are some amazing goals dear, best luck and good vibes sent from here, have fun looking forward to may month's evaluation :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anosa Malanga VAMay 4, 2017 at 6:49 AM

    I'd love your goals for May. Cheers to more adventures! I love to loose a little as well. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Ashley!
    I hear you there, girl. With all of life's business, it's difficult to make enough time for loved ones. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww that's such a great way to live life. I'd definitely be happier if I had daily adventures - I'm envious of your life. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, girl! :)
    Good job finishing off your media kit! I bet it feels good to finally put it behind you. Here's to hoping I can do the same. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahahaha aww, Marco! It just takes a little bit of time to make writing your goals a habit. Plus, I can't exactly lose my blog, which helps haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Lennae! I found that writing my goals out (and published them for all to see) really motivated me to get things done. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, Amber! I hope you can achieve these, too. Good luck. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely! I find it really pushes me to get things done when I share my goals. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, Chelf! I've been putting this damn media kit off for so long - I hope I finally get around to it. If I do, I'll definitely share my creation with you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's so hard to stay consistent at the gym when life gets busy. :( All the best in going more regularly! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yesss, Carol! I feel exactly the same way. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks, girl! Good luck in your endeavours - you can do it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. The perfect LBD is super important, finding one is no silly matter if you ask me. :) Good luck in finding it! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you, lovely! Fingers crossed! Good luck in losing some weight this month, I believe in you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fitness goals are probably my favourite to push for, because you can see the results. Good luck with them!
    Ugh! It's no small task, creating a media kit, but I'd definitely love to do one myself. Paying someone would be 1,000 time easier, but then it sort of loses its personal touch, y'know? x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for your sweet words! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks, Anosa! Good luck with losing a little - let's do this! x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that you yearn for growth. Sometimes its just time to move on to the next step of life. Good luck on utilizing your events diploma!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww thank you for your sweet words. :) They're much appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!