_

Pages - Menu

Monday, May 22, 2017

Yet Another Priceline Haul

What's that I hear you say?

"Christie, you literally just had a Priceline haul"?
"Christie, stop spending so much money on make-up"?
"Christie, we need to talk. You have a problem"?

It's true! It's all true!

All I needed was an eye liner pencil. One eye liner pencil that would have cost me no more than $6. One eye liner pencil that I could not be bothered actually going to a store for. Do people still do that? Go to actual stores? So, yes, instead of getting off my ass and spending $6 on an eye liner, I logged on to my trusty Priceline account and spent a little over $100 (for the free shipping, of course) on a bunch of goodies. I need professional help.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Stockholm' and 'Milan'
These have such a creamy formula, yet they still quickly dry down to a matte finish, which makes these the most comfortable liquid lipstick to wear. The staying-power isn't the best for a liquid formula (they're marketed as a lip cream, however, not a lipstick) but my lips have been the driest and flakiest they've ever been lately, so I'm absolutely loving being able to wear pop of colour on them again! The shade Milan is a lovely cool-toned pink. I actually expected something a little on the browner side but I was pleasantly surprised. As someone who rarely wears pinks, this is a welcome addition to my collection. Stockholm is much a much more brown-nude with peachy undertones which is right up my alley. I'm definitely keen to pick up a few other shades in the future.

This is a forever repurchase of mine. I've mentioned this concealer more times on the blog than you can imagine, so I won't waste your time with repeating myself. All I will say, is that I use this every day, as a concealer base (It's not overly brightening, so I use Maybelline's FitMe on top to lighten). The formula is quite thick, but still smooth enough to blend out nicely, filling in fine lines without settling into them or creasing. It conceals those dark circles wonderfully, all the while managing not to accentuate my dry skin.

I've only recently gotten in to the habit of adding an eye cream to my routine (oops) and I've been on the look-out for a good drugstore eye cream for a few months now. After reading pretty good reviews on Natio's offering, I decided to give it a try. I like to give new skincare a couple of months before I make a comment on how they've worked for me. Fingers crossed it's as good as I hoped in the long-run!

This is another repurchase for me; I buy a new pencil about every two months as this is my 'every day' eye liner. I do prefer pencil eye liners to liquid liners when I'm in a rush - I just find I'm much more efficient with a pencil. It does have a tendency to smudge a little when used on the waterline, but once set with eye shadow (see my eye liner setting hack here), it stays put all day long. It's super creamy and easy to apply, making it perfect for when I'm rushing to get ready for work (always).

This bronzer is absolutely perfect for the "every day look" and an amazing option for pale-skinned girls. The colour is light and not muddy in the slightest, which makes it perfect for either contouring or just adding a glow to the face. The powder itself is smooth, yet (somehow) creamy and the smell, guys! Summer-y, coconut-y goodness.


Do you want to know the worst thing about this whole endeavour? The day after I placed my order, Priceline had a huge sale. Goody bags and all. Story of my life.



Is there anything on this list that you'd like to try for yourself?














As always, this post has not been sponsored in any way, nor am I affiliated with Priceline Pharmacy, meaning that none of the items or links mentioned have been sent to me, endorsed or paid for by anyone other than me, myself and I.

54 comments:

  1. I'm assuming considering the brands this is drugstore a bit like U.K boots? I've
    Tried the majority of these products and love them all. Sometimes drug store is the best place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Level BloggingMay 23, 2017 at 12:56 AM

    I need to Spring clean my makeup bag! All of those items look amazing, and I need them! But I'm a store shopper. Thanks for the reviews though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olujorby ChemqueenMay 23, 2017 at 3:08 AM

    I love those products and I can see you spend a lot on them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I really want to try the much spoken about Butter Bronzer xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great things! I'm all about eye creams, so I'd want to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! a shopacholic anonimous in the making! It's ok you can indulge now and then just don't overdo it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh I am just like this. You want one thing and walk away with so much more. It's so easy to spend extra money for the convenience of ordering online! I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! The Maybelline Concealer is also my go to concealer - love it! And I'm so with you about just needing one thing and coming out with a bagful of stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I do this all the time in a drugstore. I do need to do more makeup shopping coming though.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't tried the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer. I've heard that it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we both need to start a "Stop looking at the Priceline website" club because I did something similar on the weekend and ended up buying out the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm obsessed with the Butter Bronzer, it's perfect for fair skin tones! Somehow I haven't tried the Age Rewind yet, definitely need to get my hands on it soon :)

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naw that's what is my task for today.. Get rid of the old ones & set a fresh basket for it! A great morning reminder with beautiful drug store products!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well at least you did get your eye liner pencil and some awesome extra goodies. I am someone who loves heading to the store to get the beauty items lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I probably wouldn't be using any of these unless I was on stage. Although I will mention these to my daughter when she starts wearing makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so visiting Priceline tomorrow! Thanks for the information on the products hun... Atleast I know a little more on them! Btw great post :) xx

    misswanderess.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha this happens to me all the time. I go in for one item and come out with ten. Happens online too! I'm in your team. Loving that NYX lip cream..

    ​​​​​​Louisa​ | ​​​BLOG: ​LA PASSION VOUTEE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kaitlyn Fickle KillebrewMay 24, 2017 at 5:45 AM

    Girl yaaaas! I'm always shopping for makeup at a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The age rewind is my favorite make-up product hands down. I feel like I am constantly purchasing a new one because I used the last one up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That instant age rewind gives me life' the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an amazing haul. I do not have any make up and always looking for some alternatives to start collecting and making a make up collection.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the butter bronzer! The formula is so smooth and its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to try the NYX lip cream because I have tried their products before! I would not mind tying eraser concealer!
    https://modestbudgetbelle80.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I use the same concealer and it's a favorite-you just can't beat how long lasting and blendable it is!

    xoxo, SS


    Southern And Style

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never been to (or really even looked at) Boots for myself, but judging from what I've seen online, it does look like it'd be pretty similar to Priceline. I absolutely love when the drugstore can match up to high-end products. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love a good Spring clean. I'm loving everything so far, definitely worth the spend in my opinion - you can go in store and buy them instead of online. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a sucker for a good drugstore shop, what can I say? :P x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yesss! Definitely give Butter Bronzer a try if you can! It's amazing. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm a bit annoyed at myself that it's taken me this long to really get in to eye creams. But hey! I'm here now. The Natio offering is working well for me so far. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahahaaha yes! I'll pass this message on to my partner, who is always disapproving of my constant shopping. :P

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahaha a woman after my own heart. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's such a great concealer - pretty cheap in comparison, too. :)
    Ahaha it's a problem that I do not intend to fix. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's so easy to go crazy in the drugstore. I hope you'll try some things here when you next shop - they're all working wonderfully for me so far. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  34. STILL?! Oh man where have you been all this time?! Ahaha it is a great concealer. I highly recommend. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ahahahahaha. I think you may be on to something there, Jade. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yesss, Katie! I'm such a fan of Butter Bronzer. You NEED to try Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer, though. Christie has put her foot down - you must. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ahaha that's true! Could you image if I'd bought this, and forgotten about the eye liner? x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ahahaha what? You mean you WON'T be walking through the mall with a face full of eye liner and lipstick? :P

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks, lovely! I'm so glad I've introduced you to a few good (in my opinion) products. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Story of my life, Louisa haha. I'm glad you're on my side here. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think you might be right, Jennifer! It's definitely a good product. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  42. The good old drugstore delivering the goods at a great price. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yes, Neely! Such a good drugstore product. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks, Tiara. Good luck in starting a collection. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh lawd yes! I can't get enough. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  46. These lip creams are amazing (and super cheap) I highly recommend them! Same goes for the concealer. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Right?! I haven't found anything that comes close to this concealer! I'm glad it works for you too. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am in declutter mode.Will buy more lipstick.after I get rid of old expired stuff.That's pretty good reason to scope this out .

    ReplyDelete
  49. That Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer it's my everyday go to! I use it for bronzer and a little bit on the lids. The scent it's just AH-MA-ZING!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Nice article. You have good writing skills. Started with a problem and then gave solutions. When I started reading, I could see and feel as if you are talking about my wife. LOL. Ladies are pretty much same way.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Getting rid of the old stuff first is definitely a good idea. More room for more new lipsticks. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Yesss! It's amazing! I haven't used it as an eyeshadow before, but that's a great idea! The colour would really make my blue eyes pop. x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Haha us women are all the same. :P Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!